- 2017 – 2022 Doctor rerum medicinalium (Medical Radiation Sciences/ Radiation Oncology), OncoRay – National Center for Radiation Research in Oncology, Faculty of Medicine and University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Technische Universität Dresden, Dresden, Germany
- 2007 – 2010 Master of Science, Major of Medical Physics, Mahidol University
- 2003- 2007 Bachelor of Science, Major of Radiological Technology, Naresuan University
AWARDS & SCHOLARSHIPS & HONORS
- PhD study scholarship from Chulabhorn Royal Academy. 2017 – 2021.
- Outstanding Alumni Awards (Academics) from Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, Naresuan University. 2012.
- 1st Best Radiotherapy oral presenter “Dosimetric Evaluation of Radiation Dose Rate in Respiratory Gated Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy” in 8th South-East Asian Congress of Medical Physics (8th SEACOMP) at Grand Hotel Preanger, Bundung, Indonesia. 10-13 December 2010.
- 2nd Class Honor Degrees (B.S. Radiological Technology), Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, Naresuan University.
- Berthold J, Jost A, Khamfongkhruea C, Petzoldt J, Thiele J, Hölscher T, Wohlfahrt P, Pausch G, Janssens G, Smeets J, Richter C. OC-0443: First systematic clinical study on detection of anatomical changes in PT using prompt-gamma imaging. Radiother Oncol 2020; 152: S244–S245.
- Khamfongkhruea C, Berthold J, Janssens G, Petzoldt J, Smeets J, Pausch G, Richter C. Classification of the source of treatment deviation in proton therapy using prompt-gamma imaging information. Med Phys 2020; 47(10):5102–5111.
- Tuntipumiamorn L, Tangboonduangjit P, Sanghangthum T, Rangseevijitprapa R, Khamfongkhruea C, Niyomthai T, Vuttiprasertpong B, Supanant S, Chatchaipaiboon N, Iampongpaiboon P, Nakkrasae P, Jaikuna T. Multi-institutional evaluation using the end-to-end test for implementation of dynamic techniques of radiation therapy in Thailand. Rep Pract Oncol Radiother 2019; 24(1): 124-132.
- Thongsawad S, Khamfongkhruea C, Tannanonta C. Dosimetric Effect of Jaw Tracking in Volumetric-Modulated Arc Therapy. Journal of Medical Physics 2018; 43 (1): 52-57.
- Khamfongkhruea C, Thongsawad S, Tannanonta C, Chamchod S. Comparison of Computed Tomography Images with Average Intensity Projection, Mid-Ventilation and Free Breathing for Radiation Treatment Planning in Lung Cancer. J Appl Clin Med Phys 2017; 18(2): 26-36.
- Khamfongkhruea C, Utapom K, Munsing S, Suttiprapha S, Tannanonta C, Yabsantia S. Posterior kV-CBCT Scanning of the Head and Neck Region Minimizes Doses to Critical Organs with Sustained Image Quality. Phys Med 2015; 31(5): 524-8.
- Khamfongkhruea C, Thongsawad S and Tannanonta C. Dosimetric Evaluation of Radiation Dose Rate in Respiratory Gated Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy. Biomed Imaging Interv J 2012; 8(1): e5.
Research of Interests
- Artificial intelligence in medical physics
- Adaptive radiotherapy
- Quality assurance in radiotherapy
- Imaging in radiotherapy
- In-vivo range verification in particle therapy