อาจารย์ ดร. ทศพร เฟื่องรอด
ผู้ช่วยคณบดีฝ่ายวิจัย นวัตกรรม และพัฒนาผู้ประกอบการ และเทคโนโลยีสารสนเทศ
Todsaporn Fuangrod, PhD, M.Phil, B.Eng.
Assistant Dean for Information Technology, Research, and Entrepreneurial Development
Director, Master of Science (Medical Physics Program)
- 2017 Post-doctoral research fellow
Calvary Mater Newcastle Hospital, Australia
- 2016 Ph.D. (Electrical Engineering)
University of Newcastle, Australia
- 2012 M.Phil (Medical Physics)
University of Newcastle, Australia
- 2007 B.Eng. (Computer Engineering)
King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology Ladkrabang, Thailand
- 2005 Certificate (Japanese university studies in science and technology)
The University of Electro-Communication, Japan
- Recipient, Silver medal from Geneva Inventions 2021, Invention: Double Dot QA: An independent high precision gantry angle QA tool for medical linear accelerator
- Recipient, ฿10M project funded by National research council of Thailand. Project: AICEDA cancer platform (2021)
- Recipient, ฿3M project funded by Broadcasting and Telecommunications Research and Development Fund for Public Interest. Project: KovidCRA: non-invasive sensors for asymptomatic covid-19 risk assessment (2020)
- Recipient, ฿2M Project funded by Technology and Innovation-based Enterprise Development Fund (TED Fund), Ministry of Science and Technology, Bangkok, Thailand (2019)
- Recipient, Australian Engineering Technologist (Skill level 1)
- Recipient, Research grant from Hunter Cancer Research Alliance (HCRA)
- Recipient, Research grant from Radiation Oncology Institute (Grant ROI2013-912) (1st of 40 applications USA patient safety grant)
- Recipient, Australian Postgraduate Award (APA), 2012 – 2016
- Recipient, University of Newcastle International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (UNIPRS), 2012 – 2016
- Travel award , the 12th International Conference on Electronic Patient Imaging, Sydney, Australia ,2012
- Best presentation award, Program of the 6th Student Research Symposium of the ACT/NSW Branch of the Australasian College of Physical Scientists and Engineering in Medicine (MedPhys 11), Australia, 2011
- Recipient, University of Newcastle Research Scholarship Central (UNRSC), 2010 – 2012
- Recipient, University of Newcastle International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (UNIPRS), 2010 – 2012
- Best exchange student, The University of Electro-Communication, Japan, 2005
- Recipient, SATO International Scholarship Foundation, Japan, 2004 – 2005
- First place, Solar Innovation Contest II (organized by LEONICS Co., Ltd. Thailand), 2003 (INNOVATION: Automated Solar Cell Clothes-line)
- “Advertisement apparatus and its method for movie delivery services using image Search technology” Japanese Application No. 2007-049661, issued 22 Feb 2007
Peer reviewed journal publications:
- Kummanee, P., Chancharoen, W., Tangtisanon, K., & Fuangrod, T. (2021). Predicting Three-Dimensional Dose Distribution of Prostate Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy Using Deep Learning. Life, 11(12), 1305.
- Lim, S.B., Lee, N., Zakeri, K., Greer, P., Fuangrod, T., Coffman, F., Cerviño, L. and Lovelock, D.M., 2021. Can the Risk of Dysphagia in Head and Neck Radiation Therapy Be Predicted by an Automated Transit Fluence Monitoring Process During Treatment? A First Comparative Study of Patient Reported Quality of Life and the Fluence-Based Decision Support Metric. Technology in Cancer Research & Treatment, 20, p.15330338211027906.
- Zwan, B.J., Caillet, V., Booth, J.T., Colvill, E., Fuangrod, T., O’Brien, R., Briggs, A., O’Connor, D.J., Keall, P.J. and Greer, P.B., 2021. Toward real‐time verification for MLC tracking treatments using time‐resolved EPID imaging. Medical physics, 48(3), pp.953-964.
- Puyati, W., Khawne, A., Barnes, M., Zwan, B., Greer, P. and Fuangrod, T., 2020. Predictive quality assurance of a linear accelerator based on the machine performance check application using statistical process control and ARIMA forecast modeling. Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics, 21(8), pp.73-82.
- McNeilly, A., Greer, P., Van Beek, T., Van Uytven, E., Fuangrod, T., Chytyk-Praznik, K. and Zwan, B., 2019, November. Investigations of an Epid-Based 3D Dose Reconstruction Method for Applications in MRI-Linac Radiotherapy. In ASIA-PACIFIC JOURNAL OF CLINICAL ONCOLOGY (Vol. 15, pp. 21-21). 111 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN 07030-5774, NJ USA: WILEY.
- Lim, S.B., Tsai, C.J., Yu, Y., Greer, P., Fuangrod, T., Hwang, K., Fontenla, S., Coffman, F., Lee, N. and Lovelock, D.M., 2019. Investigation of a Novel Decision Support Metric for Head and Neck Adaptive Radiation Therapy Using a Real-Time In Vivo Portal Dosimetry System. Technology in cancer research & treatment, 18, p.1533033819873629.
- Thongsawad, S., Srisatit, S. and Fuangrod, T., 2019, August. Error detection sensitivity test using complex errors on three patient-specific VMAT QA systems. In Journal of Physics: Conference Series (Vol. 1285, No. 1, p. 012030). IOP Publishing.
- Gholizadeh N., Fuangrod T., Greer P.B., Lau P., Ramadan S., and Simpson J. An inter-centre statistical scale standardisation for quantitatively evaluating prostate tissue on T2-weighted MRI. Australasian College of Physical Scientistic and Engineers in Medicine, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13246-019-00720-1 (2017 Impact factor: 1.032)
- Kim J., Nguyen D.T., Booth J.T., Huang C., Fuangrod T., Poulsen P., O’Brien R., Caillet V., Eade T., Kneebone A., and Keall P. The accuracy and precision of kilovoltage intrafaction monitoring (KIM) six degree-of-freedom prostate motion measurements during patient treatments. Radiotherapy & Oncology, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radonc.2017.10.030 (2016 Impact factor 4.328)
- Fuangrod T., Greer P., Zwan B., Barnes M., & Lehmann J. (2017). A novel and independent method for time-resolved gantry angle quality assurance for VMAT, Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics, doi: 10.1002/acm2.12129. (2016 Impact factor: 1.41)
- Zwan B, Barnes M, Hindmarsh J, Lim G, Lovelock M, Fuangrod T, O’Connor DJ, Keall P, Greer PB. (2017). Commissioning and quality assurance for VMAT delivery systems: an efficient gantry resolved system using real-time EPID imaging, Medical Physics, DOI: 10.1002/mp.12387 (2016 Impact factor: 2.496)
- Kim , Nguyen D., Huang C., Fuangrod T., Caillet V., O’Brien R., Poulsen P., Booth J., Keall P. Quantifying the accuracy and precision of a novel real-time 6 degree-of-freedom kilovoltage intrafraction monitoring (KIM) target tracking system, Physics in medicine and biology, 62(14), 5744-5759. (2015 Impact factor 2.811).
- Fuangrod, T., Greer, P.B., Zwan, B., Simpson, J., & Middleton, R.H. (2016). A method for evaluating treatment quality using in-vivo EPID-based dosimetry and statistical process control in radiation therapy. International Journal of Heath Care Quality Assurance, 30(2), 90-102. (2016 Impact factor: 1.06)
- Fuangrod, T., Greer, P.B., Woodruff, H.C., Simpson, J., Bhatia, S., Zwan, B., vanBeek, T., McCurdy, B., & Middleton, R.H. (2016). Investigation of a real-time EPID-based patient dose monitoring safety system using site-specific control limits. Radiation Oncology, 11(1), 1-10. (2016 Impact factor: 2.47)
- Zwan, B.J., Barnes, M.P., Fuangrod, T., Stanton, C.J., O’Connor, D.J., Keall, P.J., & Greer, P.B. (2016). An EPID-based system for gantry-resolved MLC quality assurance for Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy. Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics, 17(5), 1-18. (2016 Impact factor: 1.41)
- Woodruff, H. C., Fuangrod, T., van Uytven, E., McCurdy, B. M., van Beek, T., Bhatia, S., & Greer, P. B. (2015). First Experience with Real-Time EPID-Based Delivery Verification During IMRT and VMAT Sessions. International Journal of Radiation Oncology* Biology* Physics, 93(3), 516-522. (2015 Impact factor: 4.26)
- Fuangrod, T., Rowshanfarzad, P., Greer, P. B., & Middleton, R. H. (2015). A cine-EPID based method for jaw detection and quality assurance for tracking jaw in IMRT/VMAT treatments. Physica Medica, 31(1). (2015 Impact factor: 2.40)
- Fuangrod, T., Woodruff, H. C., Rowshanfarzad, P., O’Connor, D. J., Middleton, R. H., & Greer, P. B. (2014). An independent system for real-time dynamic multileaf collimation trajectory verification using EPID. Physics in medicine and biology, 59(1).
(2014 Impact factor: 2.76)
- Fuangrod, T., Woodruff, H. C., van Uytven, E., McCurdy, B. M., Kuncic, Z., O’Connor, D. J., & Greer, P. B. (2013). A system for EPID-based real-time treatment delivery verification during dynamic IMRT treatment. Medical physics, 40(9). (2013 Impact factor: 3.01)
- Woodruff, H. C., Fuangrod, T., Rowshanfarzad, P., McCurdy, B. M., & Greer, P. B. (2013). Gantry-angle resolved VMAT pre-treatment verification using EPID image prediction. Medical physics, 40(8). (2013 Impact factor: 3.01)
- Fuangrod, T., Simpson, J., & Greer, P. (2016, November). Treatment Quality Assessment using in vivo Electronic Portal Imaging Device (EPID) Dosimetry in Radiotherapy. InASIA-PACIFIC JOURNAL OF CLINICAL ONCOLOGY (Vol. 12, pp. 13-14).
- Fuangrod, T., O’Connor, D. J., McCurdy, B.M., & Greer, P.B. “Development of EPID-based real-time Dose Verification for Dynamic IMRT” International Conference on Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering, WASET, Paris, 24 – 26 Aug 2011
- Fuangrod, T., Khawne, A., & Wataru, M. “Computer-Aided Pre-Operative Planning System for Total Hip Replacement by using 2D X-ray images” International conference on instrumentation, control and information technology ,Japan, Aug 20-22, 2008
- Tantatsanawong, P., Suvannadabba, S., Taisuwan, P. K., Kitjabucha, B., & Fuangrod T. “e-Service Development of Avian Influenza (Bird flu) Surveillance System in Thailand” The 6th International Conference on e-Business, Thailand, Nov 22-23, 2007
- Fuangrod, T. & Khawne, A. “A Quick Scene Search with Constructed Mapped Charts for TV Sport Programs” IEEE Asia Pacific Conference on Circuits and Systems, Singapore, Dec 4-7, 2006
- Fuangrod, T., Khawne, A., Nakayama, K., Kobayashi, Y., & Maekawa, M. “Scene Search for Sport Video using Fixed- Image Region of Superimposed-Text Technique.” The 21st International Technical Conference on Circuits/Systems, Computers and Communications, Korea, Jul 13-17, 2006
- Fuangrod, T., Nakayama, K., Kobayashi, Y., & Maekawa, M. “End-user customizable scene search for TV programs,” International Symposium on Communications and Information Technologies, China, Oct 12-14, 2005
Peer reviewed abstracts:
- Fuangrod T., Greer PB, Lehmann J. Real-time patient breath hold assessment using portal imaging based monitoring of deep inspiration hold (DIBH) treatments of breast cancer. Poster presentation at AAPM Annual Meeting, Nashville, TN, US, 2018
- Fuangrod T., Greer PB. Pilot clinical study of MRI-only radiotherapy verification in prostate IMRT using transit EPID-based dosimetry. Oral presentation at World Congress on Medical Physics & Biomedical Engineering, at Prague, Czech Republic, 2018
- Fuangrod T., Tannanonta C., Greer PB. Determination of EPID-based monthly quality assurance baselines from long-terms linear accelerator performance evaluation. Oral presentation at World Congress on Medical Physics & Biomedical Engineering, at Prague, Czech Republic, 2018
- Fuangrod T., Chamchod S. Feasibility study a clinically significant anatomical change detection in head and neck IMRT using transit EPID images and organ-of-interest gamma analysis. Oral presentation at World Congress on Medical Physics & Biomedical Engineering, at Prague, Czech Republic, 2018
- Fuangrod, T., Greer, P., Zwan, B., Barnes, M., Lehmann, J. Video based gantry angle assessment for VESPA using Double Dot and Dose rate meter. Oral presentation at EPSM 2017, Hobart, Australia, 2017
- Fuangrod, T., McNeilly A., Pichler, P., Dowling, J., Greer, P. Dosimetric verification for MRI-only radiotherapy using transit dosimetry in prostate IMRT. Oral Presentation at EPSM 2017, Hobart, Australia, 2017
- Fuangrod, T., Barnes, M., Simpson, J., Zwan, B., Greer, P. Investigation of long-term linear accelerator performance from comprehensive EPID based quality assessment tests. Post presentation at EPSM 2017, Hobart, Australia, 2017
- Fuangrod, T., Simpson, J., Bhatia, S., Lim, S., Lovelock, M., Greer, P.B.. Poster Presentation at ESTRO 36, Vienna, Austria, 2017
- Fuangrod, T., Simpson, J., Middleton, R., & Greer, P. Sensitivity analysis of action limits for real-time EPID-based delivery verification system using artificial clinical relevant error simulations. Oral Presentation at 58th annual meeting of the AAPM, DC, USA, 2016
- Fuangrod, T., Simpson, J., Middleton, R., & Greer, P. Analysis of clinical relevance errors detected by a real-time EPID-based patient verification using error simulation on patient data. Oral presentation at ESTRO 35, Italy, 2016
- Fuangrod, T., Greer, P., & Middleton, R.H. Development of control limits for patient error detection for an EPID-based real-time delivery verification system. Oral presentation at annual HCRA Symposium, HMRI, Newcastle, 2015
- Fuangrod, T., Woodruff, H., Greer, P., & Middleton, R.H. Development of action levels for patient error detection for an EPID-based real-time delivery verification system. Oral presentation at 3rd ESTRO Forum, Barcelona, Spain, 2015
- Fuangrod, T., Woodruff, H., Greer, P., & Middleton, R.H. A feasibility study of automatic top-level error classification for real-time EPID-based patient treatment verification. Oral presentation at Electronic Patient Imaging (EPI2k14), Aarhus, Denmark, 2014
- Fuangrod, T., Rowshafazad, P., Greer, P.,& Middleton R.H. A method for jaw detection and tracking during IMRT and VMAT treatment delivery using cine-EPID. Oral Presentation at EPSM 2013, Perth, Australia, 2013
- Fuangrod, T., Middleton R.H., & Greer, P. Automatic EPID-based fiducial marker detection for time-resolved tumour motion analysis in dynamic IMRT and VMAT deliveries. Oral presentation at EPSM 2013, Perth, Australia, 2013
- Fuangrod, T., Woodruff, H., Rowshanfarzad,P. vanUytven, E., McCurdy, B., Middleton, R.H., & Greer, P. Real-time EPID-based dose verification system for detection of gross treatment delivery errors before delivery of substantial radiation to the patient. Oral presentation at International Conference on the Use of Computer in Radiation Therapy, Melbourne, Australia, 2013
- Fuangrod, T., Woodruff, H., VanUytven, E., McCurdy, B., O’Connor, D., & Greer, P. (2012). MO‐G‐213AB‐03: Simulations of Real‐Time Geometric and Dosimetic Verification System Using EPID. Medical Physics, 39(6), 3879-3879. Oral presentation at 54th Annual Meeting of the AAPM, Charlotte, NC, USA, 2012.
- Fuangrod, T., O’Connor, D., & Greer, P. (2012). Synchonrisation of EPID and Predicted Images Used in Real-time Treatment Verification System for Radiation Therapy. Oral presentation at The 12th International Conference on Electronic Patient Imaging, Sydney, Australia, 2012
- Medical engineering
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) in medicine
- Medical image processing
- Biomedical sensors and IoT
- Medical innovation
- Medical physics
- AI, Machine learning, and Big data in radiation therapy
- Quality Assurance (QA)
- Electronic Portal Imaging Device (EPID)
- Automated system for advanced techniques in radiation therapy (i.e. IMRT, VMAT, SBRT/SRS, IGRT)